- Who gets an email account?
The following people are eligible for email at the University of Florida:
- Student employees
- What happens if I become a student employee?
Some student employees may be provided (i.e., provisioned with) a separate work email account to use for UF business purposes. This email will be separate from, and in addition to, their student GatorMail account.
If a student is hired into a TEAMS position, a separate mailbox will not be provisioned. The existing mailbox will continue to be used, and the UF Retention Policy is applied.
- What if I am faculty or an employee and become a student?
You will continue to use your existing email account as a student. A separate mailbox will not be provisioned.
- When will my email access end?
Faculty and Staff
- Normal separation: The employee’s mailbox will be available for 30 days starting from their last official day. (Note: Emeritus Faculty retain their email access.)
- Termination: A terminated employee’s mailbox may become unavailable immediately. This would be the case if the Office of Human Resources disables the person’s Gatorlink account or if the person’s now-former department requests that access to Office365 services be immediately removed.
Student email accounts are available for 365 days after graduation or 365 days since being registered for a UF class.
For student employees with a second UF work email account, the work email is de-provisioned 30 days after the last day of employee affiliation.
- What if my department needs email from the mailbox of an employee leaving the department?
For employees leaving the department as well as the university:
- During an employee separation process, the department may request from UFIT an export of the contents of the employee’s mailbox in a pst file and import those contents (pst file) to a service account or shared mailbox. Additionally, the department may request that mail flow for the employee’s mailbox be directed to the designated service account / shared mailbox to minimize the chance of important UF-business email being missed. Other access, retention, and deletion needs can be discussed with the Microsoft Core team.
For employees leaving the department but not the university:
- During an employee separation process, the department may request from UFIT an export of the contents of the employee’s mailbox in a pst file and import those contents (pst file) to a service account or shared mailbox. Mail flow will not be directed to another mailbox and departments will not be provided access to the employee’s mailbox.